What are bridges?
A bridge is a method of fixed gap restoration that fills gaps made from missing teeth without the need for surgery or dentures. The restoration is made up of false teeth, which are anchored on to those adjacent to the gap to create a permanent solution. All bridges come in units of 2 or more crowns, therefore, it a fully customizable process for each patient, which will allow you to choose the best and most cost-effective solution.
Materials and pricing
Similar to our range or crown implants, bridges can come in a range of materials from non-precious gold metal to high-quality porcelain and zirconia. Prices differ from single crown implants depending on the unit size of the bridge. For example, a 3-unit bridge would be priced equivalently to 3 single crowns. See below all the materials and standards available for Synergy bridges:
- Metal standard is a full non-precious metal bridge (available for posterior teeth only).
- Bronze quality is a standard porcelain quality bridge with a metal backing (available for all teeth).
- Silver quality is a mid-quality porcelain bridge with a metal backing (available for all teeth).
- Gold quality is a high-quality porcelain bridge with metal backing (available for all teeth).
- Zirconia quality is a high-quality zirconia bridge with no metal backing (available for all teeth).
To view a more detailed description of materials and a pricing list for every option, please refer to our ‘pricing table’ for dental crowns.
At Synergy, not only do we offer customization of materials that can be used, but we can also offer customization based on types of treatments:
- Fixed or conventional bridges require the capping of the two neighbouring teeth, on to which the false tooth is then fused
- Cantilever bridges are similar, but only one neighbouring tooth is capped.
- Maryland bridges require little to no preparation and instead the false tooth is bonded onto the adjacent teeth using wings.