WHY DOES MY DENTIST NEED ME TO HAVE A CT SCAN?
With Cone Beam scanner is becoming more affordable there are more and more dental practices now acquiring this advanced piece of equipment, they use it primarily for the following purposes:
- To plan accurate placement of dental implant prior to surgery.
- Evaluation of bone quantity prior to dental implant placement, particularly with regards to sinus location and determination of possible grafting/sinus lift treatments.
- Evaluation and location of vital nerve canals prior to dental implant placement.
- Planning of surgical extraction of impacted wisdom teeth.
- Detection and monitoring of jaw tumours.
- locating and identifying pathological origins of chronic pain.